Powered Cleaning Equipment
All Advanced Green Cleaning powered cleaning equipment has a minimum, meet the following specifications:
- Vacuum cleaners must meet, at a minimum, the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) Green Label Program requirements and shall operate at a sound level of less than 70 dBA.
- Carpet extraction equipment must meet at a minimum the Carpet and Rug Institute Bronze Seal of Approval.
- Powered floor maintenance equipment must be equipped with controls or other devices for capturing and collecting particulates and shall operate at a sound level less than 70 dBA.
- Propane-powered floor equipment must have low-emission engines certified by the California Air Resources Board under the Small Off-Road Engines or Equipment (SORE) program, and shall be equipped with catalytic and exhaust monitoring systems in addition to other requirements for floor equipment set out in the section.
- Current in-use propane-powered equipment may only be used when the building is unoccupied, and under conditions allowing for as much air circulation and exchange as possible.
- Powered scrubbing machines must be equipped with a control method for variable rate dispensing to optimize the use of cleaning fluids.
A component of this plan includes a quarterly maintenance program that inspects and maintains the performance of all green cleaning equipment, as defined by the equipment vendor and records results in a maintenance log.